Discussion on the history of Jagannath University: The University has a history. Today in this post we will discuss about that history.
The Jagannath school was named after Kishorilal Chowdhury, the zamindar of Baliati in Manikganj, who took charge of the school in 1882 and named it after his father.
In 184, it was upgraded to a second-class college. The law was one of the first courses introduced. A general steering committee ran the school and college until 18 when the school department was formed separately to form an independent juvenile jubilee school.
The administration of the college was transferred to the Board of Trustees and the following year it became a first grade college in 1908.
The college started with 47 students. In five years, the roll has grown to 396. With the establishment of Dhaka University in 1921, it stopped admitting degree courses and renamed it Jagannath Intermediate College.
This status changed 26 years later in 1949, when the degree class was reintroduced. The college was taken over by the government in 1986.Jagannath College introduced Honors and Postgraduate programs in 1985.
That year the government again took charge and promoted him to a postgraduate college. In 1962, the college ceased its activities at the intermediate level. Jagannath University Act-2004 was passed in the National Assembly and in 2005 it was transformed into Jagannath University.
Read Here: Top Ping Submission Sites
Faculty of Life and Earth Sciences:
- Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Department of Microbiology
- Department of Pharmacy
- Department of Zoology
- Department of Botany
- Department of Psychology
- Department of Geography and Environmental
- Sciences Genetic engineering
- Department of Biotechnology
Faculty of Business Studies:
- Department of Finance
- Department of Management Studies
- Marketing Department
Faculty of Science:
- Department of Computer Science and Engineering (CSE)
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Physics
- Department of Statistics
Faculty of Arts:
- Bengali section
- English section
- Department of History
- Department of Philosophy
- Department of Islamic History and Culture
- Department of Islamic Studies
- Institute of Education Research
- Institute of Modern Languages
- Department of Law
- Department of Law Department of Land
- Management and Law
Faculty of Social Sciences:
- Department of Sociology
- Department of Anthropology
- Department of Economics
- Department of Political Science
- Department of Public Administration
- Department of Social Work
- Department of Mass Communication and Journalism
- Film and Television Department
Faculty of Fine Arts:
- Department of Fine Arts and Graphics
- Drama and Drama Department
- Department of Music
This is one of the best university in bangladesh.
Read More About: YouTube Monetization Terms